Kelly Rowland was spotted out and about wearing her Roberto Cavalli "Love Gym" T-Shirt. And that is probably what she was about to do, hit the gym or just left the gym. Either way, she is dressed to get her workout on and looks comfy, fashionable and fab!
As of late, I have been walking everyday for about 30 minutes a day. I want to be more active and going to the gym just doesn't fit in my schedule. So walking during my breaks at work is perfect! It was hard at first but now I am used to doing it and I feel really good and I am glad that I started doing this!
Here are 7 health benefits for women who walk for exercise! (theblackhealthzone)
Just 30-minutes of exercise walking a day has been proven to help you:
1. Reach and maintain a healthy weight - Walking exercise reduces your body fat, increases lean muscle tissue, improves metabolism and burns calories. Combined with a healthy lifestyle and nutritious eating, walking can help you achieve long-lasting weight control.
2. Improve blood pressure and cholesterol - Daily exercise walking has been shown to be just as effective for lowering high blood pressure, decreasing (bad) LDL cholesterol and increasing (good) HDL cholesterol as taking risky medications with unpleasant side effects.
3. Reduce and manage type 2 diabetes - Walking improves your body’s natural ability to process sugar (glucose tolerance) and to maintain a healthy weight. This helps prevent or even reverse type 2 diabetes.
4. Lower your risk of heart attack and stroke - Based on large studies of both women and men, just 30 minutes of walking a day greatly improves your circulation and helps keep your heart and blood vessels healthy.
5. Decrease stress and prevent depression - Regular exercise walking is a great way to improve your mood, breathing, peaceful sleeping and overall energy and to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
6. Stay strong, active and healthy - As you age, exercise walking can improve your stamina and keep you fit. Walking exercise strengthens bones, muscles and joints, helps prevent falls and hip fractures, improves your immune system and extends your life expectancy.
7. Prevent numerous other conditions – And the list goes on and on. Studies show that daily exercise walking can also relieve arthritis and back pain and help to prevent osteoporosis, colon and breast cancer, impotence, constipation and many other health problems.
So all you need is ambition, 30 minutes and a comfortable pair of sneaks!! Now go walk! You can do it!